Not-for-profit membership association serving more than 750 businesses and organizations in three states, providing human resource outsourcing.
- Also sponsors a health benefit program. Members are not obligated to participate in the health benefit plan.
- Organization wanted to increase the size of the association's membership, and more specifically, the participation in the health benefit plan.
Multi-channel direct marketing campaigns targeted:
- Current members - Three mailings over a 90-day time frame plus email campaign to entire membership reinforcing campaign message.
- Prospects - Three mailings over a 90-day time frame (dimensional mailing, jumbo postcard with personalized URL, follow-up postcard); email prospects who have supplied address.
Public Relations - Distribution of news release to targeted media on topics: "Advantages of Pooling," "Strategies to Control Health Care Costs."
Print Advertising - Ads placed in regional business and human resource publications.
Metrics used to evaluate effectiveness, improve performance and measure ROI include:
- Number of leads generated
- Number of new participants in health plan
- Total cost v. net income
- Response rates form all channels
- Number of new members generated
- Number of new members participating in health plan